Thursday, November 19, 2015

Why the Civil Rights Pilgrimage?

Hello Everyone, My name is Ronald Oliver, and I am one of the trip planners for the upcoming Civil Rights trip (2015/16). I am a Sophomore here at the University, studying Early-childhood Education.

 I attended the Civil Rights Pilgrimage last semester and was able to meet so many amazing people, form new connections, and learn more about the not so talked about aspects of the civil rights era. One of my favorite places we visited was Greensboro, North Carolina. In Greensboro we were given the opportunity to hear the stories of those individuals who were involved in the sit-ins, and see their courageous battle to gain equality.

The planning committee and I have been working strenuously to plan a trip that highlights and forms connections between new information and your own previous knowledge. This year I will be in charge of Greensboro, North Carolina & Little Rock, Arkansas. I am really excited to be a planner this year. This trip will be unforgettable.


                                             Here are a few photos for your enjoyment. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment