Saturday, March 17, 2012

1st Day Thoughts

Today was an amazing day for not only the students but for me as well. I've visited the MLK, Jr. site in Atlanta before (twice) but I still learn something new with each visit. Martin Luther King, Jr. was an amazing man who changed the world, forever. His assasination was difficult for so many people but not once had I ever thought about his parents. He was an influential leader, a husband, a father, friend, and more importantly, he was a son. The images of his parents are still vivid in my mind and it saddens me to think about their experience during that time. I want to hear their story...know their thoughts/feelings on their son.

As I think about MLK, Jr., I wonder did he know how he changed society. He will forever be known as a prominent leader, national icon in the history of modern American liberalism. Did he imagine?

drp

No comments:

Post a Comment