Friday, March 7, 2014

Hello from your Civil Rights Pilgrimage planner

Hello everyone,

My name is Jake Ferruzzi and I am one of the planners for this year’s Civil Rights Pilgrimage. I did not go on the trip last year, but Alex told me about the planning opportunity and I was very excited to help plan this year’s trip. I am from Lake Zurich, Illinois and I am a sophomore majoring in African American Studies, Political Science, and History.

I am very passionate about civil rights and about all different social justice issues. This trip is very important because I firmly believe that we owe it to ourselves and to the people who went through the constant struggles to visit and learn about their experiences. The most exciting thing for me about this trip is visiting the Stax Museum. I am very interested in music, and play the piano myself. I love listening to musicians such as Otis Redding and am really looking forward to being able to see where artists like him recorded. Another place I am looking forward to visiting is the Southern Poverty Law Center, because I am a prelaw student and would love to work with civil rights law in the future. I cannot wait to meet you all at the meeting on Sunday!

See you soon,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment