Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 3- Montgomery, AL

I have truly enjoyed this journey of exploration into the radical and foundational time period of the civil rights movement. Today, I embarked on a quest for the proper understanding of the impact that Montgomery, Alabama played in this revolutionary era. This included a tour of the Rosa Parks museum and gift shop, the old Alabama State Capitol Building, the Civil Rights Memorial Center, the Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church, and finally our evening ended with a talk and dinner with several participants from the Civil Rights movement, including one of the few White pastors that consulted with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I was truly inspired by the Civil Rights Memorial which stirred desires of social belonging. From the time I entered the complex I felt a connection with the revolutionaries of the past and began to search for my own ability to create a memorable existence that would in future generations be remembered as remarkable and defining. I was encouraged to seek a future that is worthy of remembering and respect and plan to use all resources available to myself because of the efforts of those who have come before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment