Saturday, March 20, 2010

Let's be SERIOUS for a second....THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO SPEND ANY SPRING BREAK!!!!

I for one am very excited about this trip! So many of us only 'know of' the Civil Rights Movement, but very few us of us truly 'know' the movement itself and what it entails. My hope is that this trip with give 43 people the opportunity to experience what life was like during the Civil Rights Movement. The coordinators have worked EXTREMELY hard for this to be possible and it is our hope that each of us will take something different from this experience and will have the ability to apply it some how back on UofI's campus community. We're not on this trip just to learn from the museums, speakers and other historical monuments; but most importantly...one another. We will be spending a week together touring the south. During this time, I will be excited about the new friendships to be made along the way. I'm excited about both the good times and bad; because in the end it will ALL be worth it!

P.S. Have you ever been sooo excited about going somewhere that you cannot even get an ounce of rest???? Well, that's ME!!! I'm currently up packing and just thinking on what an amazing adventure I am about to embark on with 42 other students and faculty from UofI's campus. Hopefully **crosses fingers** this trip will be a HUGE success and that we will have the opportunity to do it again next year. Well, I have to get back to packing now, I'll see all of you beautiful faces in approx. 14hrs 42mins! =)

Peace & Love,

BrenBren

No comments:

Post a Comment