Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday

Today we took a bus tour around Selma and learned a lot from Joanne who witnessed the Civil Rights marches in the town firsthand. My peers and I had the opportunity to walk across the same bridge that marchers experienced force and violence from the police who met them with tear gas. It was surreal thinking about the pain that those marchers went through on that very bridge all those years ago. After a very filling meal we left Selma to go to Birmingham. The Birmingham Civil Rights Institute was my favorite exhibit on this trip so far. It has excellent visuals and documents. I'm happy that the weather was nice and warm again today. I hope that the weather is nice in Little Rock tomorrow. I also hope to get adequate sleep on the bus ride tomorrow morning. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment