Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What I asked For

I asked for each of the students to write about what they are most excited about in attending this trip. I am going to write a little bit about what I am most excited about because I am really, really excited. This will be my 3rd time going to most of these places, and my first time with the U of I. I can't wait for the students that I know well that are coming along to see these places and have their hearts touched the way mine has been each time that we go.

For the past few weeks, I have been on the phone with someone we will be seeing each day. This only fuels my excitement. Just this afternoon I spoke with a tour guide at Little Rock Central High who was super spunky and I am excited to hear the story of the nine brave students who took the weight of the movement upon their shoulders the way he sees it.

Today, I also spoke with the manager of "Your Mama's Good Food" in Little Rock and I could hear through the phone how excellent that first meal in Little Rock will be. :)

The stories of each of the places we are going have made me a different, better person than before I knew them. I am most excited to see that change in the students going on the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment