Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Feeling of Excitement!

I'm an international student on exchange from the University of Nottingham (UK) doing an American Studies major, and I am very excited about participating in the U of I Civil Rights Pilgrimage because for me this is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. I am looking forward to meeting new people and forming friendships with the other peers of the group. However, what attracted me most to the prospect of joining this Pilgrimage, and what still stands as the most exciting factor is the opportunity to touch and feel the sites of such an important chapter in American History. I know this trip will be emotional, but it will definitely help me and others appreciate and celebrate the struggles of our previous generations to pave new paths for us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment