Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm Excited!

Why am I excited you ask? There are tons of reasons! =D

I came into the university as a History major and despite taking many history classes, I feel really ignorant about the civil rights movement. Sure, I've heard of Dr. Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Malcolm X and others, yet I am not knowledgeable about the "where" associated with civil rights.

I'm excited to meet people who have shaped our nation, the people who laid the foundations for the possibility of the election of Barak Obama. The election of the first black president during my generation is the direct result of the efforts of previous generations.

I'm excited to meet the heroes of the civil rights generation and walk through the streets they marched.

I hope you're excited as well! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment