Thursday, March 24, 2016

Amber Shields blog 3/24

Two emotions I felt during this trip are excited and serious. I felt excited because I finally got a chance to do hands on events that shows me how things were in history. Movies can only show so much, but it's the hands on feeling that makes me happy I received the opportunity to attend this trip. I take my culture very serious, especially when it comes down to my history. Today Mr. Sam Walker walked us through the dehumanizing captured slave event. Going through that experience, I felt fear. I heard the screams of my ancestors. I was someone else's property, I was only a number and not a name. If I can round up thousands of students and allow them to experience that I would because people can't see how bad something is until they experience it. It's really sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment