Sunday, March 20, 2016

Joseph Davis's post from first discussion

Hey, 

So far I think that the trip has been informative. It was nice to actually see places in person that I have heard about through school and personal research. I think the Greenboro four is the part of the trip that stood out to me the most at this point. They were the group of people that I was least familiar in terms of their names, so getting the back story to the young men that started sit-ins was a great experience. Also the service at Mother Emmanuel AME was a great addition to the trip. It's always interesting to me to fellowship with people from the other areas of the country and get a chance to a experience one of the more serious parts of their culture. With that being said, I would say so far so good. 

Joseph E. Davis

Student | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

NABJ UIUC President 

No comments:

Post a Comment