Thursday, March 17, 2016

My Thoughts Before the Trip

I decided to go on the Civil Rights Pilgrimage because my friend couldn’t stop talking about it after she went, and it seemed really well planned out with tons packed in. Also, I don’t think I would have the chance to take a course like this while at college if it wasn’t for this trip.

Out of the cities we are traveling to, I have only been to Atlanta. I’m especially looking forward to meeting Dr. Bernard LaFayette and going on a tour of Little Rock Central High School because these are amazing opportunities.

Another aspect I love about this trip is getting to know everyone! Not to brag about how awesome these people are, but we dominated the name game and learned around 50 names at our first meeting. I thought I would share this fun fact: Xochitl and I are actually second time roommates because we were went on the Leadershape Institute together. Some of my roommates and I grabbed lunch at Panera last week to talk about the trip, and we couldn’t be more excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment