Monday, March 28, 2016

Makeda Granger's post

Today was one of the most emotional days. I felt scared during the slavery simulation. I tried to imagine what it was like to be in those circumstances but there is no way to imagine it to its fullest extent. Seeing the hanging bodies and two of the students with the rope around their neck was surreal. It made me feel hopeless and angry. While in the museum, even though I had heard about the girls at the church bombing, today when I saw their pictures I felt like crying and while in the park I did cry a little bit while reflecting on everything I saw. Walking through the stone dogs made me scared and angry that people would unleash these dogs on others especially children. I keep asking myself if I would have gone through everything they did, the water hoses, being beat, attacked by dogs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment