Monday, March 21, 2016

Grace Asiebgu's post from the first day

I am so excited for the rest of this trip!! The bus ride was treacherous, but it's well worth it. My favorite part of Greensboro had to be visiting the NCAT campus. I have a special place in my heart for HBCU's, and learning about the Greensboro Four was eye opening and informative. I liked the Greensboro Historical Museum's contest the most because it was so expansive and the building is incredibly beautiful, but I didn't like our tour guide 😅

Going to Emanuel AME was actually a really emotional experience for me (and probably many others). To know that I was standing in the same room where this tragedy took place...it just gave me chills. And it was just incredibly humbling that these people who don't know us--despite the tragedy of the past summer--were so warm and welcoming. I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment