Thursday, March 23, 2017

Post from Amber Sims

We travelled to many places today but I really enjoyed Shirley Cherry as our tour guide at The Dexter Parsonage Museum. She was really passionate about what she was teaching us and she kept us interested in the conversation. Dr Cherry was a very lively and funny person and I feel like I learned the most from her. I would also like to add EJI as part of the impact of today because the guest speaker was absolutely amazing. It was crazy to actually see, in person, someone who went through the struggle of being an African American and being mistreated and being thrown in jail for 30 years of their life for no reason what so ever. I'm thrilled that he still smiles and has the messages of learning to forgive people for yourself no matter what. Forgiveness is for you, not the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment