Sunday, March 26, 2017

Selma, AL

In Selma, I think is when I learned the most. I learned a lot everywhere else. But this information was all new to me. So I appreciate that learning opportunity. And, I also appreciate the fact that I was able to meet one of the Foot Soldiers that marched in Selma, Sam Walker. To learn that he was only a teen at the time was also great to find out because he made the Civil Rights Freedom Wall. The simulation of the Africans before becoming slaves was also a learning experience. But the thing that hit me the most was a piece that said "K. K. K. Kids Killing Kids;" it related the past to a problem we still have as a nation and as black people. I can say it was the most hands on experience the entire trip, especially going over the Edmund Pettus Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment