Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Washington D.C. - Day 2

One of the highlights of the trip so far is the National Museum of African American History and Culture we got to see while being in Washington D.C. I went from the top of the museum to the bottom. I feel like the top floor through the main floor offered a lot of depth to subjects and pop culture references. My favorite part of the museum is the bottom level where participants got to go through the history of the Black Experience from dating back to the 1400s. There was so much information and visuals that took up the space in the base level part of this museum. From structures that resembled cabins that enslaved people lived in to the casket that Emmett Till was originally buried in.

 I loved being able to wonder around the museum as I pleased and being attracted to certain cases and videos was really nice because I got depth and knowledge on things I did not hear or learn about. Another thing I enjoyed about the museum is the other people there and watching how the interacted with the art and the information. Going through the museum you see people of all ages and backgrounds interacting with the content. The placement of the museum is interesting too, yesterday we learned about the buildings in the national mall being built by enslaved black people, today we see a building bringing light to the history of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment