Thursday, March 23, 2017

Post from Terrell Shaw

I think the thing that impacted me the most today was a tie between visiting the Parsonage & getting to hear from Anthony Hinton at the Equal Justice Initiative.

I guess I'll start off by saying the home of Dr. King was a beautiful place & there is no better person on this earth that I would prefer to give a tour of it than Dr. Cherry. She was truly welcoming with open arms and she made us feel as though she lived in that house herself all of these years. Her description of things painted a real picture in my head.

Then I said that I loved Anthony's speech because it seemed well practiced and sincere. I literally shed tears because it made me think about how I would feel if it wrrr me or someone that I loved in that situation.

-Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment