Saturday, March 18, 2017

Washington Day 1 - Shontierra

Today was a pretty long day. The weather was nice and I especially enjoyed my walk during free time  from the White House. Also, I appreciated the discussion we had on lynching in America, the videos we saw on the bus, and the great seafood dinner I had. The Capitol building was surprisingly a lot about George Washington and there were many instances of erasure. Symbols of people of color are rarely present and those that are present aren't that representative of us as a whole. I found the White House to be a very normal place. It wasn't as iconic as I imagined. It was nice to hear my peers thoughts on the day because I found I share a lot of the very same knowledge and we were all able to gain some new information from each other in reference to history and today's adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment