Sunday, March 29, 2015

Final Thoughts

The Civil Rights Pilgrimage Trip has by far been the best trip I have ever been on.  Whether it was cracking jokes and enjoying the laughter of your new friends or being educated by prominent activists in the Civil Rights. This journey has really opened my eyes to see how privileged my generation is now. I will continue to never take anything for granted nor  will I ever spread hate or terror amongst others. Seeing new faces and making new friends was a huge plus which made this trip more exciting and fun. I would highly recommend students to take advantage of this great opportunity. That willingness to learn, that drive to be a part of something life changing, that urge to help define who you are and what you can do to contribute to future generations could stem from this program/trip. I have gained and learned so much from this trip I must pass that knowlegde on to the next person. I would like to thank the Trip Planners Laqueishia, Latrice, Nick, and YouYou for the great experience and excellent choice of Museums/Cultural Centers. I would also like to thank January Boten for allowing me to share this experience with some great people from the University of Illinois.

-Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment