Monday, March 30, 2015

Reflection

I loved this trip. It was an eye opening experience. I was able to learn a lot about the civil rights movement and the people who made it possible for me and many others to have the rights we have today. I've also met amazing people on the trip. People that I may have not crossed paths with otherwise.

The Civil Rights Pilgrimage gave me the opportunity to not only learn the history but trace back the footsteps of the people who made the present possible. We even had the opportunity to meet and speak with living history such as Dr. Lafayette. I recommend this trip for everyone. History inevitable repeats itself in different forms but if we all educate ourselves and learn from our history we can prevent the past from reoccurring.


No comments:

Post a Comment