Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lowndes Interpretive Center

Today is day 5 - we just left from the Lowndes Interpretive Center where we received more information on how Black people came to be able to vote. Listening to the stories of people who marched from Selma to Mongomery bought me to tears. One woman shared how the beatings and terrorizing did not stop at the bridge but continued to their community and lasted all night long. I found myself thinking all Black children should be mandated to see this or know more of the specifics of this event  as they turn 18. John Lewis stated that "some people left a little blood on that bridge" for the right for us to vote. The number of young people voting has to increase! I'm thinking now of what I can do to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment